& dental veneers
make your teeth look better by changing their colour, shape or spacing.
The dentists at Lormel Gate Dentistry
offer dental veneers
and dental bonding
procedures for improving your smile. Visit our Brampton, Bolton and Caledon dental offices to know more about dental veneers and tooth bonding services.
Dental Bonding Brampton
This method is a quick and painless way to repair chips in a tooth. Dental Bonding
uses a white plastic paste, called composite resin, a plastic that is semi-liquid in the beginning but then becomes hard and durable when cured with light.
The material can be tinted to match the colour of natural teeth and can also be contoured and shaped to resemble the missing part of a chipped tooth. It can also be painted over a stained tooth and it can make a fractured tooth look whole and perfect. Composite resin can also build up the size of the teeth so gaps between them are minimal or gone.
The 5 Steps to Dental Bonding:
- 1. A mild chemical is placed on your tooth to make it a little rougher in texture. This helps the composite resin stick better to the enamel of the tooth.
- 2. The composite resin is mixed and tinted to match the colour of the natural teeth.
- 3. The dentist then puts the composite resin on the tooth in layers.
- 4. A very bright light is used to harden (or cure) each layer of the resin as it is on the tooth.
- 5. After the last layer of composite is hardened (or cured), the dentist then shapes and polishes the resin so the finished tooth looks natural and smooth.
Some great advantages of dental bonding
are: it's painless, minor drilling involved, no local anesthetic is needed, doesn't take much time, several teeth can be veneered in one visit, it costs less than a crown, and it can be used on children.
A couple of disadvantages are that dental bonding
treatment doesn't last as long as crowns
, only 5 to 10 years, compared to 10 to 20 years for dental crowns and some composite resins can be stained by tobacco, coffee, tea, blueberries, grape juice, cherries or red wine.
Dental Veneers Brampton
are a thin acrylic or porcelain shell that is attached to the front part of a tooth. Like bonding, dental veneers
can cover badly-stained teeth, chipped teeth, uneven teeth and large fillings.
Dental Veneers are done in three easy steps:
- 1. On your very first visit, the Dentist might give you a freezing (called a local anesthetic). He/she then removes part of the enamel from your teeth to make room for the dental veneers. The dentist then makes a mold (or an impression) of the teeth. The impression is sent to a dental lab, where the veneers are then custom-made.
- 2. On the next visit, the Dentist puts a mild chemical on the teeth to make them a little rougher, this helps the veneers stick better to the teeth.
- 3. Then the veneers are attached to the teeth, one by one, using the composite resin cement.
At Lormel, we've been doing dental veneers and dental bonding for patients from Brampton, Bolton and Caledon. If you're interested in learning more about dental veneers, dental bonding or would like to book an appointment contact us today.